Blog PostTop Interview Questions to Ask an Employer
Posted on: November 14, 2013
Category: Career Advice
At the end of a job interview, you typically have the opportunity to ask your potential employer a few questions. Rather than saying, “No” and heading out the door, try these top questions that will show your interviewer that you’re serious about the job and prepared for the interview:
- How would you describe the responsibilities of the position?
- What does a typical week/day look like in this position?
- If I am extended a job offer, how soon would you like me to start?
- How would you describe the company’s culture and leadership philosophy?
- What is the single largest problem facing your staff, and would I be in a position to help you solve this problem?
- How does this position fit into the company’s long-term plans?
- What’s the most important thing I can accomplish in the first 60 days?
- How will you judge my success and determine if I have met your expectations?
With these questions in hand, you’ll be able to create a thoughtful, engaging dialogue between you and the interviewer (and hopefully score some bonus points at the same time).