Blog PostHow to be More Productive At Work
Posted on: September 15, 2014
Category: Career Advice
We often find ourselves asking this question, “How can we be more productive at work?” Whether we’re searching for ways to streamline processes, minimize clutter, or simply stay-on-task, there are a few tried-and-true methods that will help you increase your output without pulling more time.
- Prioritize. First thing each morning, establish your priorities. Organize your employment time by taking into consideration how much time you’ll need for each task and the best time of day to complete each task.
- Establish Routines. Sure, it may sound monotonous, but our brains are wired to execute patterns. Establish routines for your more mundane tasks, such as checking email, responding to requests, or archiving projects.
- Group Similar Tasks. Say you have two separate projects that require the same or similar task. While you’re in the swing of completing one, go ahead and complete the other. Just don’t get the two mixed up.
- Take Breaks. Sounds counter-intuitive, right? Wrong. Complex tasks take a lot of mental effort. Give your brain and body a quick breather so it can come back to the table (or desk) refreshed.
- Create a List. Along the same lines of prioritizing, creating a list will help you establish what must get done in your day and helps you visualize your tasks to prioritize them.
What are some employment strategies you use to be more productive at work?